[INDOLOGY] Buddhasrijnana's Abhisamaya commentary

Ashok Aklujkar ashok.aklujkar at gmail.com
Sat May 6 14:07:04 UTC 2017

Dear Matthew,

The thought that someone may not be making a difference between (a) Tibetan language and Tibetan script and (b) Hindi and Nagari script occurred to me too.

Given my experience of how summaries of my lectures appeared in Indian newspapers, I considered it more probable that a newspaper reporter would be behind the confusion of transcription with translation, if it has indeed occurred. If the director of the BRS was the cause of the confusion, we are in a much worse situation than I thought. In any case, it would be safer to check if a Tibetan-looking manuscript, photograph or slide actually contains a Sanskrit work photographed by Rahul Sankrityayan.

Thanks for the reference to Jackson’s survey. I did not know it existed.
Best wishes.

ashok