[INDOLOGY] Goan-Konkani devanagari

Allen Thrasher alanus1216 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 00:42:04 UTC 2017

Dear Artur,
I am not sure if I actually sent the following suggestion to you and the list when you earlier posted a similar query, since several months later I stumbled across my reply in the Drafts box, but here it is again.  Have you tried the chancery of the Patriarch of Goa?.  It has a website and emails for various offices and officials.
I also wonder whether a paper letter might get more attention than an email.
Allen
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:27 AM, Artur Karp via INDOLOGY<indology at list.indology.info> wrote:   Dear List,
I cooperate with the (Polish) Head Office of Geodesy and Cartography in preparing for publication a list of the most important buildings/monuments in the world. I want to include in the list several Goan Roman-Catholic churches.
The most important of them is the Immaculate Conception Church in Panjim.
Now, the church's latin/romanized Konkani name is (according to Wikipedia):
Nixkollounk Gorb-Sombhov Saibinnich Igorz.
Since I need to present the name in its transliterated and transcribed form, I'd have to have it also as it is written in the Goan-Konkani devanagari script.
Almost two weeks ago I asked for help a Goan Catholic priest. I also addressed the Indradhanush (Word Net Project) at
http://indradhanush.unigoa.ac.in/public/webcontent/webcontent.php?id=38
I asked them to kindly add the names of several other important Goan Churches in both the romanized and devanagari Konkani.
I have no answer from them.
Have I, by any chance, broken some unwritten rule - by asking to send me the formal names of several Goan churches - in Latin and Devanagari script?

Dear List,
I would be very grateful if someone of you would give me address of a person/organization that would want to devote a bit of their time to fulfill my request,
Thanking you in advance,
Artur Karp (ret.)Chair of South Asian StudiesUniversity of WarsawPolska