Re: [INDOLOGY] Fwd: Re:  Sanskrit Readers: overview

Georges PINAULT georges.pinault at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 24 10:33:09 UTC 2017

Dear All,    Thanks for these quite instructive data. I do not need to add the two handbooks (manuel) of Bergaigne, because it has already been done. I note in passing that the Vedachrestomathie (Berlin, 1885) by Alfred Hillebrandt (which I have at home in original copy) was considered as very good in his time, and was even recommended by Geldner in class. I guess that one should add the following, concerning Sanskrit literature in the widest sense, for all genres: Louis Renou, Anthologie sanskrite. Textes de l'Inde ancienne traduits du sanskrit, Paris, Payot, 1961. It is quite comprehensive. It contains only translations and introductions, not the original texts, but it could still serve as model for any anthology.
Best regards,    Georges-Jean Pinault

> Message du 24/06/17 12:14> De : "Christophe Vielle via INDOLOGY" > A : "Asko Parpola" > Copie à : "Indology List" > Objet : Re: [INDOLOGY] Fwd: Re:  Sanskrit Readers: overview> >Here are a few links to digital editions of Lassen's Anthologia Sanscritica :
1838>

http://reader.digitale-sammlungen.de/resolve/display/bsb10572570.html
Bavarian State Library
http://lib.ugent.be/europeana/900000065690
Ghent University Library
1865
http://lib.ugent.be/europeana/900000065679
Ghent University Library
1868
http://reader.digitale-sammlungen.de/resolve/display/bsb10572572.html
Bavarian State Library
http://lib.ugent.be/europeana/900000136746
Ghent University Library

For more, see
http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/tel4/search?query=Anthologia%2BSanscritica&offset=20

And already on Indologica:

Lassen, Christian (1800-1876)
Anthologia sanscritica : glossario instructa / in usum scholarum ed. Christianus Lassen. - Bonnae ad Rhenum : Koenig, 1838. - XIV, 358 S.