[INDOLOGY] Issues with Sanskrit 2003 font

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:25:30 UTC 2017

Dear Madhav,

As far as I can see this is a problem with the font Sanskrit 2003 and it
can't be solved without modifying the font  but I think modifying a font is
prohibited under copyright law.

But there are two other unicode devanagari fonts which are called
"compatible with Sanskrit 2003" (by that I believe they mean that they have
the same conjunct consonents as Sanskrit 2003).  I have used one of them
Chandas for many years and as far as I can see in Chandas there is no
problem with viewing anusvara in those places it is obscured in
Sanskrit2003 and you still get all the conjunct consonents that are
available in Sanskrit2003.

Here is a link to the webpage with these fonts Chandas and Uttara.
http://www.sanskritweb.net/cakram/index.html

Regards,
Harry Spier