[INDOLOGY] André Padoux

Lyne Bansat-Boudon Lyne.Bansat-Boudon at ephe.sorbonne.fr
Wed Jul 19 08:05:17 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I find meaningful to forward you a message from Prof. K.D. Tripathi, who met André Padoux twice in Paris, when he visited there at my invitation. Both men had equal esteem and friendship for each other.

Here is Prof. Tripathi's message, a beautiful homage, indeed:

To,

Prof. Lyne Bansat –Boudon,

 Peris

Dear Prof. Lyne Bansat –Boudon,

Your email of 17th July 2017 to hand. It is a sad news indeed that André Padoux, a renowned  scholar and an authority on Kashmir Shaiva   philosophy, has passed away on 16th July.

We, the Scholars of Varanasi, mourn his sad demise. Please convey our sincere condolences to his family and oblige.

With profound regards

Yours

K.D. Tripathi

[cid:8E90FAFD-609F-4D7A-9393-D17E94D59596 at home]