Re: [INDOLOGY] chinese translation of Nāgārjuna's Prajñāmūlaśāstraṭīkā

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Jul 3 14:02:07 UTC 2017

Dear Matthew and Jonathan, Thank you very much for the information. As I understand it now, the poem quoted by Chintaharan Chakravarti (who refers to Giles, pp. 119-20) is not part of Xu Gan's Chong-lun but probably one of the four poems which are extant of the poet Xu Gan (Makeham, p. 2). I suppose they were composed according to an indigenous Chinese tradition and are therefore better left out of consideration in a search for possible sources of inspiration for Kālidāsa's Meghadūta.
Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag