[INDOLOGY] Skt vocabulary from the title pages and prefaces of Sanskrit editions

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:54:38 UTC 2017

There are words like mudrAnkita mudrA =stamp, ankita = past participle of
mark making with the help of mudrA ; This is helpful in the case of typeset

ankita  , independently can mean mark-making as in lithography, preparing
stones for printing.

mudrAnkita is part of mAdhva religious vocabulary, indicating the
initiation ritual of stamping s'ankha and chakra on the temples of the
initiated.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.