[INDOLOGY] Mahabharat verse on unreliability of the intellect

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:24:41 UTC 2017

This source seems to give a reference to the Vanaparvan of the MBH (but I
have no idea what edition of the MBH they are referring to):

Chant and Be Happy: The Power of Mantra Meditation
<https://books.google.com/books?id=M_dhBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT46&lpg=PT46&dq=tarko%27prati%E1%B9%A3%E1%B9%ADha%E1%B8%A5&source=bl&ots=h3J4tMAJ7_&sig=QG1R8wmBr53-fRJACubGeeClSEs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi40f_rrKnSAhXMyoMKHT0PDooQ6AEIKDAE>
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=9171497021
Based on the teachings of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Prabhupada
<https://www.google.com/search?espv=2&biw=1280&bih=571&tbm=bks&q=inauthor:%22Based+on+the+teachings+of+His+Divine+Grace+A.+C.+Bhaktivedanta+Swami+Prabhupada%22&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi40f_rrKnSAhXMyoMKHT0PDooQ9AgIKTAE>
-
1984 - ‎Philosophy
As stated inthe Mahābhārata (Vana-pārva 313.117): tarko 'pratiṣṭhaḥ śrutayo
vibhinnā nāsāv ṛṣir yasya mataṁna bhinnam dharmasyatattvaṁ nihitaṁ ...

Madhav Deshpande
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA