[INDOLOGY] Price tag on 19th-cent. print

jacob at fabularasa.dk jacob at fabularasa.dk
Wed Dec 20 10:39:47 UTC 2017

Thanks to Royce, Dominik, and Jean Michel for responding to my query.
The numbering system provided by Dominik would seem to explain the
symbols in the example provided by Royce: ४५||) would equal 45 rupees
and 8 annas, and २२|||) would equal 22 rupees and 12 annas. In both
cases, this is confirmed by the text added after the numerals.

The example provided by myself is still not clear to me, but I will look
up the sources provided by Dominik and Jean Michel, and see if they can
help me further along.

Best regards,
Jacob