[INDOLOGY] Starting a new academic journal

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 20:52:56 UTC 2017

Since it takes a couple of years for an article to go from submission to
publication in JAOS, the three-year paywall means that JSTOR readers are
reading five-year-old research.  Older, if you factor-in the writing and
research period before submission.

Plus, JSTOR membership itself isn't free.   Many of us don't notice this,
but a pandit in Thanjavur, for example, can't read the JAOS on JSTOR.

Best,

​
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
​,​

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
​,​

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
​,​
University of Alberta, Canada