[INDOLOGY] sex and gender

Shyam Ranganathan shyamr at yorku.ca
Wed Aug 16 02:44:14 UTC 2017

Dear all,

This is a question from a colleague who is not on the list. This
colleague teaches a course on Sex and Gender theory and is interested in
articles that addresses the topic from differing cultural vantages. I
was asked about what was available on the topic that discusses the issue
from the perspective of the Indian tradition.  I didn't know what to
say. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Shyam

--

ShyamRanganathan

MA,MA, PhD

Department of Philosophy

York University, Toronto

shyam-ranganathan.info <http://shyam-ranganathan.info/>

/The Bloomsbury Research Handbook of Indian Ethics
<http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/the-bloomsbury-research-handbook-of-indian-ethics-9781472587770/>/

/Patañjali`s Yoga Sūtras
<http://penguin.co.in/book/classics/patanjalis-yoga-sutra/>/ (Translation,
Edition and Commentary)

/Translating Evaluative Discourse: The Semantics of Thick and Thin
Concepts <https://philpapers.org/rec/SHYTED>/

Full List, Publications <https://philpapers.org/s/shyam%20ranganathan>