[INDOLOGY] Dina Bangdel's Passing

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 2 21:21:46 UTC 2017

What terrible news!
Dina was a jewel among jewels,
a wonderful human being,
and an invaluable scholar and activist on behalf of Nepal's artistic heritage.
Her passing comes much too soon,
and all who had the privilege to know her can
only be shocked and dismayed.

Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago