[INDOLOGY] Rāja Yudhiṣṭhira

McGrath, Kevin kmcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 29 15:03:04 UTC 2017

  Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce the publication of 'Rāja Yudhiṣṭhira, Kingship in Epic Mahābhārata'.

This is published simultaneously here in America by Cornell UP and by Orient Black Swan in Delhi.

The book is similar in concepts and methods to my other MBh. works:

The Sanskrit Hero, Karṇa in Epic Mahābhārata (Brill, 2004); Strī, Women in Epic Mahābhārata (Harvard UP, 2009, and Orient Black Swan, 2011); Jaya, Performance in Epic Mahābhārata (HUP, 2011); Heroic Kṛṣṇa, Friendship in Epic Mahābhārata (HUP, 2013); and Arjuna Pāṇḍava, The Double Hero in Epic Mahābhārata (OBS, 2016).

With best wishes, from,

   Kevin.