[INDOLOGY] Female name Bhaayi?

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 15:33:16 UTC 2017

Place names like vāī < vāpī = step well are common  and are found in more
than one region of India. Its south Indian variant bāvi , bāyi, bāi, bāy is
found in a big number of place names, as the second/ending part, at least
in Telugu and Kannada speaking regions. For that matter, it is found even
in the form of vāyi in some south Indian place names.

[image: Inline image 1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rani_ki_vav

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wai,_Maharashtra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapi