[INDOLOGY] Job opportunity at the University of Exeter

Rupert Gethin Rupert.Gethin at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 08:48:44 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I have been asked to circulate details of this job opportunity at the
University of Exeter on lists: it seems that there is some interest in
applications from people working in the field of Indian religions.

Best wishes,

Rupert Gethin

-----

Under 'Liberal Arts' at
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/etrec105gf.open?wvid=3817591jNg

Job title: Senior Lecturer and Director of Liberal Arts
Job reference: P57185
Date posted: 13/04/2017
Application closing date: 16/05/2017
Location
Salary: The starting salary will be from £41,709 within the Grade G band
(£41,709 - £55,998).
Package: Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme
and relocation package (if applicable).
Job category/type: Academic
Job description:

College of Humanities

The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university that combines
world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction.
Exeter has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries
and is in the top 1% of universities in the world with 98% of its
research rated as being of international quality. Our research focuses
on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today

To further strengthen our activities in Liberal Arts (an innovative,
challenging and interdisciplinary degree programme) we are seeking to
appoint a new Senior Lecturer and Director of Liberal Arts (Education
and Research).

Applicants must be qualified to PhD level and demonstrate genuine
interdisciplinary research interests which will support their leadership
and vision for the Liberal Arts programme at Exeter. Applicants must
also be able to demonstrate a strong potential for research leadership
with a track record in refereed publications and proven success in
significant grant capture. The successful applicant will be expected to
contribute to teaching on the Liberal Arts programme, as well as in
their 'home' discipline as appropriate.

The successful applicant will be based at our Streatham campus in one of
the following disciplines: Archaeology, Art History and Visual Culture,
Classics and Ancient History, Drama, English, Film Studies, History,
Modern Languages and Theology and Religion.

To view the Job Description and Person Specification document please
click here.

http://www.admin.ex.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/P57185.pdf

Applicants are encouraged to contact the Associate Dean for Education,
Prof Marion Gibson (tel: 01392 724431, email:
Marion.H.Gibson at exeter.ac.uk) to discuss the post further. Informal
enquiries can also be made to Prof Morwenna Ludlow (tel: 01392 723278,
email: M.A.Ludlow at exeter.ac.uk). You may also wish to consult our web
site at http://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/ for further details of the College.

The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is
'Positive about Disabled People'. Whilst all applicants will be judged
on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups
currently underrepresented in the workforce.

--
Rupert Gethin
Professor of Buddhist Studies

University of Bristol