[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit literature in numbers

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 16:19:22 UTC 2017

Dear Dagmar,

This is a very interesting question indeed. May I add two other questions to it? Would you like to know the numbers of extant works only or the number of works in general, even if lost? Also, when you write Latin language, for instance, do you mean only classical Latin (whatever this might mean) or every work that has been written in Latin until today (and I’m not thinking of today’s Latin used in the Vatican, I was rather thinking of authors like the Italian poet Giovanni Pascoli (1855 –1912), who wrote poems in Latin too)?

Best wishes,

Camillo

________________________________

Dr Camillo A. Formigatti