[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit literature in numbers

Dagmar Wujastyk d.wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:52:54 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

Might anyone be able to point me to a publication/data on the relative
quantities of Sanskrit works and other pre-modern works in languages such
as Latin, Chinese, Tamil, Arabic or Persian?

We all know that there is a very large body of Sanskrit literature, but how
does the number of Sanskrit works compare to works written in other
languages? My sense has always been that Sanskrit literature is
particularly large, but perhaps this is not substantiated by data?

Best wishes,
Dagmar Wujastyk