[INDOLOGY] Gita meter

edbryant at rci.rutgers.edu edbryant at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 17 11:00:40 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone,

Is there anything written about when and why the Gita changes its meter,
or does anyone on the list have an opinion about this?  At least in
several instances, I can see no narrative reason for this, nor shift in
theological content. At least in the second chapter which borrows two
verses from the Katha, I wonder whether this occurs with verses being
borrowed from elsewhere,  but I don't know.  Has anyone thought about this
or can anyone point me to anything written on it?

Thanks.  Edwin Bryant.