Re: [INDOLOGY] less well-known Gītagovinda translations

Csaba Dezso csaba_dezso at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 06:20:25 UTC 2017

Dear Jesse,

Do Ugric languages count? There is a brilliant metrical Hungarian translation, a collaborative effort of the Sanskritist József Vekerdi, who made a prose translation from the Sanskrit and of the poet Sándor Weöres who versified it.

Dzsajadéva, Gíta Govinda. Pásztorének. Magvető, Budapest, 1982.

Best,
Csaba