[INDOLOGY] Two terms

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 06:25:59 UTC 2016

Yakshi is a popular word in Kerala, in Malayalam language. It is part of
Keralite folklore and the living belief system of Kerala. It is believed to
be a supernatural power and is believed sometimes to be 'felt' or 'seen' in
the backyards or in the wilderness.

The word/ concept finds its place in the lore of sorcery, witchcraft or
black magic.

The quoted lines seem to be a mantra involving the spirit.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )