[INDOLOGY] Sexual Harassment

Walter Slaje slaje at kabelmail.de
Sun Oct 23 18:37:05 UTC 2016

> the panel is about harassment among South Asianists, not about harassment
in South Asia

thank you for pointing that out, Allen! An unfortunate deficiency in modern
Indological research indeed, given the constant actuality of a problem with
an incredibly large number of South Asian women victims in its wake, who
suffer serious permanent injuries.

Empathy from abroad appears to be kept within strict limits. This fact,
together with the telling silence of (mostly Western) intellectuals in
light of the obvious suggests itself as a starting point for another,
promising object of research.

Best wishes,
Walter