[INDOLOGY] Sexual Harassment

Allen Thrasher alanus1216 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 20:59:46 UTC 2016

I am at the Madison South Asia conference, and it may be of interest that yesterday morning there was a "Roundtable on Sexual Harassment in the Field of South Asian Studies: a community discussion."  I was in a library meeting at the time and did not attend it, not have I heard or overheard any discussion of what was said.  The printed program says that abstracts of all papers will be posted on the web once the conference is over.  Since the title seems to imply an unstructured discussion rather than papers I suspect nothing from the roundtable will be posted, but some might want to check.  If the title is not clear enough, I should specify that the panel is about harassment among South Asianists, not about harassment in South Asia.
Allen