[INDOLOGY] protocol of Google Books ...?

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 20 01:46:36 UTC 2016

I don’t understand the protocol of Google Books.

Recently, I came to know that Google Books have PDF-ed my Ph.D. thesis and publicized it.

I was shocked to know about it.

1. What happened to the copyright to the author, me in this case?

2. Authors may have plans to revise their graduate-level theses and improve on them before bringing them to the public. To grab such effort in the middle is like collapsing a quiche in the making or thwarting a fetus’ growth. Absolutely unacceptable.

Has something like this happened to anyone of our colleagues? Please let me know how to teach Google Books to follow scholarly norms.

Thanks and regards,
rajam