Re: [INDOLOGY] Vālmīki’s first śloka

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 07:18:26 UTC 2016

Use of the terminology of ārṣa prayōga  is independent of Rama's placement
in trētā yuga.  ārṣa prayōga is a term used to 'justify' /make sense of
'the irregularities' with reference to ' Paninian sādhutva'. It is
anchored on the view of  language of the r̥ṣi authors of the books being a
different 'dialect' of Sanskrit taking shape on account of their different
settlement pattern, different life style, and as a result different
attitude towards (sādhutva of ) speech.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )