[INDOLOGY] two arthaśāstra sources

Mark McClish mark.mcclish at northwestern.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:54:41 UTC 2016

Dear friends,

I’m having trouble locating two sources on arthaśāstra, and I hoped someone on the list might be able to help me. I give here the bibliographic information as I have it.

1. Ruben, W. 1929. Study in the Arthaśāstra. Dharwar. (This is cited in Sternbach’s Bibliography of Kauṭilya Arthaśāstra, which has a number of errors, as well as, at least, Botto’s article on dvaidhībhāva in India Maior). Worldcat has the following, but I couldn’t get it from the British Library to see if it is the same:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D23916.8CB595A0]

2. Kavi, Ramakrishna. [title unknown: multiple articles on and text of the Cākṣuṣīya Arthaśāstra]. Journal of the Venkatesvara Oriental Institute. 1:79-89; 3:99-116; 4:123-128; 4:129-140; 6:129-140(?). This comes from Kane I p. 152ff.

With thanks in advance for any help hunting down any of these.

All best,
Mark