[INDOLOGY] 'Vedic' astrology (was: bhakti)

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at uni-muenchen.de
Tue Nov 15 13:18:00 UTC 2016

Nagaraj Paturi wrote:

> When I said "Brahmin and non-Brahmin contemporary  busy practitioners do not even need this English word or its Indian language forms such as Vaidik or Vaidika", I had the non-internet scenario in mind. […]

https://www.sapnaonline.com/general-search?searchkey=vedic+astrology

http://mlbd.com/SearchBook.aspx?search_text=vedic+astrology&btnSearch=Go

Of course these examples are taken from internet websites, but those bookshops do not only, also not primarily, cater to the wishes of a non-Indian public. This is Indian self-depiction.

RZ

--
Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Institut für Indologie und Tibetologie