[INDOLOGY] bhakti

Martin Gansten martin.gansten at pbhome.se
Wed Nov 9 08:28:31 UTC 2016

To me, the really interesting phenomenon is when Tājika, which in its
own source texts admits to being of /mleccha /or /yavana /origin and
based on 'Persian-language' (actually, almost exclusively Arabic) works,
is claimed as a branch of 'Vedic astrology'.

Patrick, I'd be very interested to hear more about your exchanges with
'Vedic astrologers' at some point. To the best of my knowledge, the term
was coined in North America in the 1980s and then exported to India,
where it first appeared in the 1990s.

Martin Gansten