[INDOLOGY] Lexicographic order / sentence boundaries

Walter Slaje slaje at kabelmail.de
Thu Nov 3 12:39:19 UTC 2016

​​
Yes, but obviously a tendency of forgetfulness seems to prevail on this
list, which on occasion necessitates brief reminders, as Dr Dimitrov's and
mine were intended to be. Zgusta's paper of 1988 rightly deserves to be
called "of long ago". For it certainly
​does ​
not reflect the current state of research in the history of PW lexicography
in the context of its scholarly environment
​, nor is it free from methodological shortcomings​
.
In the meantime, entirely new documents have been brought to light,
presented and discussed by Agnes Stache-Weiske. The latest of her
recommendable papers is entitled
„Man muß zuweilen Insekten mit Kanonen schießen." Max Müllers Rolle im
Streit zwischen Böhtlingk und Monier-Williams. In: "In her right hand she
held a silver knife with small bells ...". Studien zur indischen Kultur und
Literatur. Hrsg. v. Anna Aurelia Esposito et al. Wiesbaden 2015, pp.
323-336.

The interested reader will draw much benefit from Stache-Weiske's rich
documentary work, which comprises also letter editions and allows anyone to
form themselves an opinion on this and related matters with the help of
substantial, excellently edited source materials.

Best, WS