[INDOLOGY] by chance, accidentally

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue May 17 08:12:23 UTC 2016

When Sati's body is dismembered - do parts of it fall down on the earth
according to some plan? Or - is their dispersal purely accidental?
Legitimating in this way the haphazard geography of old (tribal) shrines
devoted to female divinities?

Does Garuda lose the four drops of amrita in a planned way? Or - are they
lost by pure chance? Do they land - purely accidentally - in places
possessing - by pure chance - terrain features suitable for establishing
large pilgrimage centers?

Artur

PS. I try to recall the mythical (puranic?) narrative, no success. A king,
meets someone, purely accidentally, has sex with that person, and that
results in his becoming pregnant. And, after nine months, a child is born,
out of its father/mother's left side. Now - what happened to the child?

A,