[INDOLOGY] STIMW registration

Valerie Roebuck vjroebuck at btinternet.com
Tue May 10 13:05:53 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues

Just a reminder that it’s not too late to register for STIMW 2016! You can register here: http://www.alc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/religionstheology/events/conferences/

Enquiries please to Dr Hirst, not to me.

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK

33rd Annual STIMW Seminar

Fri 27 May 2016    10.45 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Martin Harris Centre, G16, University of Manchester

Programme  [or move all up and have free session at end]

10.45-11.10   Coffee and registration

11.15-12.00   Stephen Thompson (Oxford University)
                   ‘Anubhūtisvarūpācārya’s contribution to the tradition of Advaita Vedānta, c.1300 CE: Ṭippaṇam on the Āgama-Prakaraṇa of Māṇḍūkyagauḍapādīya with Śaṅkarabhāṣya’

11.15-12.10   Shalini Sinha (University of Reading)
                   ‘Ethics as metaphysics:  self and world in classical Vaiśeṣika’

12.15-1.30     Lunch

1.45-2.35       Vishal  Sharma (Oxford University)
                   ‘Where there is Kṛṣṇa, there is adharma: reproaching God in the Mahābhārata’

2.35-3.25       Christopher Gibbons (University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia)
                   ‘Sacrifice and liberation: the Bhagavadgītā in its epic context

3.25-3.55       Tea

3.55-4.45        Ofer Peres (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
                   ‘”There’s a Trojan horse in my myth!”: the case of Purūravas in pre-modern Tamil literature’

4.45-5.00       STIMW 2017

Dr Jacqueline Suthren Hirst
Senior Lecturer in South Asian Studies
Religions and Theology