[INDOLOGY] Against the petition against Prof. Pollock

soni at staff.uni-marburg.de soni at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Mar 5 10:05:16 UTC 2016

Dear Professor Slaje, Dear Fellow List Members:

The Board, Consultative Members and Regional Directors of the IASS
discussed the matter with our President Professor Kutumba Sastry and I
may be allowed to quote him directly. Professor Sastry said:

  "I signed the petition purely in my personal capacity and I did not
mention any of my designations for that matter or identity. The text
of the petition sent to me was slightly different than the one finally
sent to Sri Narayana Murthy."

I trust that the matter is now clarified. I thank Professor Kutumba
Sastry Ji for his kind willingness to allow me to pass on the relevant
section of his email to the IASS Board, etc.

With best,
yours sincerely,
Jay Soni
Secretary General, International Association of Sanskrit Studies
http://www.sanskritassociation.org/

----- Message from Walter Slaje <slaje at kabelmail.de> ---------