[INDOLOGY] amsala

Herman Tull hermantull at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:43:27 UTC 2016

​
Dermot,

I worked on this 30 years ago,​ and I remember asking the exact same
question. If memory serves correctly (and it may be
​unreliable
 here), I believe Sayana's commentary
​is
 helpful here
​ in getting to Eggeling's definition​
.
​
(I'm away from my library right now, and I cannot check
​.​
)​

​Herman

Herman Tull