[INDOLOGY] Mind and moon

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 08:35:39 UTC 2016

Dear Artur,

Thank you for helping my reflections by enlightening my moonlike mind.

I'm not sure the ancient rishis thought the moon only reflected light. But thank you for
endorsing my suggestion of changeful constancy.

With best wishes,

Dermot

On 27 Jul 2016 at 12:16, Artur Karp wrote:

> Or is it that the mind, like the moon, is constant though its content continually changes?

I'd go - intuitively - for it.

And, that the Moon, like mind, doesn't possess its own light. It reflects light, and passes it on. Mind?
It reflects ideas (comparable to light, enlightening), and passes them on.

Best,

Artur Karp (ret.)

Chair of South Asian Studies,
University of Warsaw