[INDOLOGY] meru tantra

Lubomir Ondracka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Sun Jul 3 12:09:12 UTC 2016

Dear Patrick,

for basic information about this text, see Goudriaan - Gupta: Hindu Tantric nad Śākta Literature, p. 98 and Kavirāj: Tāntrik sāhitya, pp. 528-9.

Regarding the date, Goudriaan - Gupta are inconclusive (Although it has more than once been regarded as a late work because the town of London is said to be mentioned in it, it
is possible that at least its core goes further back), as is Alexis Sanderson (the Merutantra, a work composed or at least completed in its present form after the arrival of the British in India).

There is a couple of editions (the latest one is probably this one: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/917764869), but I am afraid there is no searchable text available.

Best,
Lubomir