Re: [INDOLOGY] Yāska's Nirukta - Digital editions and word lists

Peter Scharf scharfpm7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:58:39 UTC 2016

Sorry for the late reply, but you can find a sandhi-analyzed version of
Sarup's edition of the Sanskrit text of the Nirukta on the Sanskrit Library
website under Texts.

http://sanskritlibrary.org/catalogsText/nirukta.html

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 11:41 AM, David and Nancy Reigle <dnreigle at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Martin,
>
> The edition and translation of the Nirukta (and Nighaṇṭu) by Lakshman
> Sarup was originally published in four parts: Introduction; English
> translation; Sanskrit text; Indices and Appendices. The Motilal Banarsidass
> reprints include only the first three of these, despite their subtitle. The
> fourth volume, of Indices and Appendices, is the part that makes this text
> useful for reference purposes. Not only does it allow one to find a
> particular word in the Nirukta (or Nighaṇṭu), it also serves as a
> glossary, since it gives English equivalents throughout. Your query has
> spurred me on to scan my copy of this necessary volume and post it with the
> Sanskrit texts here:
> http://prajnaquest.fr/blog/sanskrit-texts-3/sanskrit-hindu-texts/
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Reigle
> Colorado, U.S.A.
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Martin Gluckman <m.gluckman at anu.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> I am searching for digital editions of Yāska's Nirukta (both the source
>> text and any translations done till date) and any other digital material in
>> this light (word lists with definitions as given in any
>> translations/commentary and so forth).
>>
>> With much appreciation in advance,
>>
>> Martin Gluckman

Peter M. Scharf