[INDOLOGY] Entering Unicode devanagari on the Mac

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 00:30:44 UTC 2016

Dear list members,

One of my associates needs to enter devanagari on a Mac. Her word processor
is Word for Mac I don't know the exact version but both her word for Mac
and operating system are  about 5 years old.

I thought the most foolproof way of doing this was for her to enter her
sanskrit in Kyoto-Harvard on the Sanskrit Libraries transcoder to produce
unicode devanagari and paste this into her word document.

Will this work or is it only in the last few years that Word for Mac will
work with unicode?

Thanks,
Harry Spier