[INDOLOGY] Yavana Jataka Sanskrit PDF

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:09:29 UTC 2016

Many thanks to Tejas Aralere for compiling a brief bibliography of some
recent studies on the *Yavanajātaka*.

​​

*Yavana Jātaka Bibliography*

   - Burnett, Charles, Jan P. Hogendijk, Kim Plofker, and Michio Yano, eds.
   2004. *Studies in the **History of the Exact Sciences in Honour of David
   Pingree*. Leiden: Brill.
   - Mak, Bill M. 2013. "The Date and Nature of Sphujidhvaja's Yavanajātaka
   Reconsidered in the Light of Some Newly Discovered Materials." *History
   of Science in South Asia 1: 1-20. **http://dx.doi.org/10.18732/H2RP4T
   <http://dx.doi.org/10.18732/H2RP4T>*.
   - Mak, Bill M. 2014. “The ‘Oldest Indo-Greek Text in Sanskrit’
   Revisited: Additional Readings from the Newly Discovered Manuscript of the
   Yavanajātaka.” *Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies* 62.3: 1101-1105.
   - Mak, Bill M. 2013. "The Last Chapter of Sphujidhvaja's Yavanajataka
   Critically Edited with Notes." *SCIAMVS* 14: 59-148.
   - Plofker, Kim. 2009. *Mathematics in India*. Princeton: Princeton
   University Press.

to which I add, passim,

   - Harry Falk, "The Yuga of Sphujiddhvaja and the Era of the Kusanas
   <https://www.academia.edu/2097759/The_yuga_of_Sphujiddhvaja_and_the_Era_of_the_Kusanas>"
   *Silk Road Art and Archaeology*, 2001.
   - Harry Falk, "Measuring Time in Ancient India and Ancient Mesopotamia
   <https://www.academia.edu/2097773/Measuring_time_in_Mesopotamia_and_ancient_India>"
   *ZDMG,* 2000.

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk* <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/goog_1525257691>
​sas.ualberta.ca​