[INDOLOGY] Sad Demise of Prof. Muneo Tokunaga

Robert Goldman rpg at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 12 17:58:42 UTC 2016

This is indeed very sad news to have lost the generous and learned Professor Nanavati and our esteemed colleague Professor Tokunaga in such a short period. Tokunaga-san and I collaborated on editing  volume 2 of the papers of the 12th World Sanskrit Conference and I came to have enormous respect for his kindness and scholarship. Both of these stalwarts will be missed.
Dr. R. P.  Goldman
Catherine and William L. Magistretti Distinguished Professor in South and Southeast Asian Studies
Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies MC # 2540
The University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2540
Tel: 510-642-4089
Fax: 510-642-2409