[INDOLOGY] Sad Demise of Prof. Muneo Tokunaga

John Brockington John.Brockington at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 12 14:34:34 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

This is extremely sad news.  We are all so greatly indebted to Professor
Tokunaga for his digital versions of the /Mahābhārata/ and /Rāmāyaṇa/
and for so much more fine scholarship.  I count it a real privilege to
have got to know him, particularly during a period as guest professor at
Kyoto University which he secured for me.  Coming so soon after the
death of Professor Rajendra Nanavati, it leaves a great gap in the field
of epic studies.

Yours

John Brockington

Professor J.L. Brockington