[INDOLOGY] Mind and moon

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 7 17:23:39 UTC 2016

Dominik:

Could you post a PDF of the article, if you have it?

Patrick

On Aug 7, 2016, at 9:49 AM, Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com<mailto:wujastyk at gmail.com>> wrote:

May I request that further participants to the mind/moon discussion explicitly take note of Jan Gonda's 1986 paper ('Mind and Moon.' In: G. Bhattacharya (ed.). Deyadharma: Studies in Memory of Dr. DC Sircar (Delhi, India : Sri Satguru Publications): 147-160.
) and respond to it, at least to some degree?  I'm not saying "Gonda was right" or anything like that.  But he was a careful scholar with a lot of experience, and his remarks on this subject probably form a worthwhile starting point for further discussion.  I am recommending this procedure in contrast to the more poetic, and perhaps more charming method of expressing what one spontaneously feels about the moon and the mind.

Best wishes,
Dominik Wujastyk