[INDOLOGY] Mind and moon

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:49:55 UTC 2016

May I request that further participants to the mind/moon discussion
explicitly take note of Jan Gonda's 1986 paper ('Mind and Moon.' In: G.
Bhattacharya (ed.). *Deyadharma: Studies in Memory of Dr. **DC Sircar *(Delhi,
India : Sri Satguru Publications): 147-160.
) and respond to it, at least to some degree?  I'm not saying "Gonda was
right" or anything like that.  But he was a careful scholar with a lot of
experience, and his remarks on this subject probably form a worthwhile
starting point for further discussion.  I am recommending this procedure in
contrast to the more poetic, and perhaps more charming method of expressing
what one spontaneously feels about the moon and the mind.

Best wishes,
Dominik Wujastyk