[INDOLOGY] reviews of Malhotra's books

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 05:06:51 UTC 2016

Here is how Malhotra defines it in his book Being Different on page 114: "The conceptual matrix of integral unity is illustrated in the metaphor of Indra's Net, which is common to many dharmic traditions. ... The original idea of Indra's Net is found in the Atharva Veda .... Later, Buddhist texts use the metaphor...."
Integral unity seems to be one of his main points about Indian culture which he contrasts with what he calls the synthetic unity of the West.

Best,

Dean