[INDOLOGY] reviews of Malhotra's books

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue Aug 2 03:47:39 UTC 2016

"Indra's Net" (इन्द्रजाल) is a general name for a class of texts on magic,
defensive and aggresssive. The texts contain a list of six techniques by
using which people can be influenced and, ultimately, manipulated

See, please,

http://list.indology.info/pipermail/indology_list.indology.info/2000-August/022582.html

>From the letter:

> Sign systems of this kind used to be used in attempts to manipulate and
transform reality. Also - *to read intentions of other manipulators and
neutralize in advance their harmful effects. *>

I sort of believe, that Mr. Malhotra's choice of the title was not
without reason.

It would be worthwhile to check how Mr. M. builds his argumentation.

Best,

Artur