Re: [INDOLOGY] South Asia edition of Revista científica Guillermo de Ockham

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:50:17 UTC 2016

With many thanks to Andrew, it really should not be overlooked, among the
other fascinating looking contributions, that there is a short appreciation
of Fernando Tola, a scholar who because of the circumstances of his career
has been much less part of the mainstream than he should have been. i think
that even without Spanish (mine is basically restricted to knowing how to
order a beer) one can still understand enough of the survey to appreciate
Tola as a scholar. I have the good fortune to know him and Carmen Dagonetti
personally, and you could not hope to meet two more lovely human beings.
So, even not able to read Spanish, you might think of giving the few pages
a look.

Jonathan

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Andrew Nicholson <
andrew.nicholson at stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to draw your attention to the most recent volume of the
> Revista científica Guillermo de Ockham, a special edition on South
> Asia that includes articles by Claus Oetke, Johannes Bronkhorst,
> Adriano Aprigliano, and me, among others. The journal publishes
> articles in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
>
> You'll find a link and table of contents below.
>
> All the best,
> Andrew
>
> ------------------
>

> http://revistas.usb.edu.co/index.php/GuillermoOckham/issue/view/215
>
> Tabla de contenidos
>
> Original papers
>
> Darśana, Philosophy and Religion in Pre-modern India
> Ramkrishna Bhattacharya
>
> Is the section of verses 1-29 in Vākyapadīya III.3 based on a sound
> theoretical motivation?
> Claus Oetke
>
> Who were the Cārvākas?
> Johannes Bronkhorst
>
> Bhartṛprapañca and the Eight States of Brahman
> Ivan Andrijanić
>
> A Gramática como instrumento de conhecimento do real no Vākyapadīya de
> Bhartr̥hari: breve comentário a Vp I.1-12
> Adriano Aprigliano
>
> La cuestión de la identidad Nath: Consideraciones sobre una orden de Yoguis
> Adrián Muñoz
>
> La diáspora india, su relación con el país de origen y residencia:
> Panorama de los estudios realizados
> Lía Rodríguez de la Vega
>
> Rājaśekhara y la imaginación receptora
> Óscar Figueroa
>
> Algunos problemas en torno a la noción de sánscrito clásico
> Gabriela Müller, Verónica Orqueda
>
> Viudas en la India. De la Antigüedad a nuestros días
> Rosalía C. Vofchuk
>

> Frontiers
>
> Orientalismo, Interpretação, e o Estudo da Filosofia Indiana no Ocidente
> Andrew J. Nicholson
>

> Profiles
>
> De Budas y Bodhisattvas: homenaje a Fernando Tola Mendoza
> Lía Rodriguez de la Vega
>

> Reviews
>
> Da palavra (Vākyapadīya)
> Lucas Nascimento Machado
>

> Andrew J. Nicholson
> Associate Professor
> Graduate Studies Director
> Asian & Asian American Studies
> Stony Brook University
> Stony Brook, NY 11794-5343
> (631) 632-4030
> http://philosophicalrasika.com/

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
http://www.buddhismandsocialjustice.com/silk_publications.html