[INDOLOGY] From the Mahabharata

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:42:04 UTC 2016

>The question is: *how *do you keep your hunger under control?

--- Sri Nityanandji has already said:

Therefore, to me the essence of “conquering hunger” in this context is not
abstention from food even when the body is hungry, rather it refers to the
Brāhmaṇa family's [one-time] act of upholding atithi-dharma and feeding a
hungry guest even though the family was itself hungry. The host Brāhmaṇa
and his family conquered their own hunger to satisfy the hunger of a guest.

So
*how *do you keep your hunger under control?

-- by prioritizing some other motive /drive than hunger, hunger gets
automatically controlled.

A student skipping his meal on account of being absorbed in his
book-reading in the library, a scientist not feeling his hunger on account
of his immersion in his experiment in the laboratory can be said to have
bubukShaajaya.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.