Re: [INDOLOGY] Translations of Jyotsnā commentary on the Haṭhayogapradīpikā

Nityanand Misra nmisra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 03:28:59 UTC 2016

Thanks to Prof. Wujastyk, Mr. (Dr.?) Reigle, and Mr. Powell for the
books soon.

The English translation of Srinivasa Iyangar has comments, but it not a
complete or exact translation of the Jyotsnā. For example, the comments on
the first verse do not discuss the lack of *yaṇ *in the usage
*śrīādināthāya*, which the Jyotsnā does.

On 22 April 2016 at 04:05, Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've bought books and PDFs from the Kaivalyadhama in Lonavala, from
> Europe, and it all worked fine.  Payment was not hard, and the items were
> delivered efficiently.
>
> --
> Professor Dominik Wujastyk* <http://ualberta.Academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
> Department of History and Classics
> <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
> University of Alberta, Canada
>
> On 21 April 2016 at 07:19, David and Nancy Reigle <dnreigle at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Nityānanda,
>>
>> There is an English translation, although I have not seen it:
>>
>> A Critical Edition of Jyotsnā (Brahmānanda's Commentary on
>> Haṭhayogapradīpikā), English Version, by Swami Maheshananda and Dr. B. R.
>> Sharma. Lonavala: Kaivalyadhama, 2012.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> David Reigle
>> Colorado, U.S.A.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Nityanand Misra <nmisra at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear list members
>>>
>>> I am looking for translations of the Jyotsnā commentary on the
>>> Haṭhayogapradīpikā.
>>>
>>> I could find a Gujarati translation of the commentary on DLI (
>>> http://www.dli.ernet.in/handle/2015/421888).
>>>
>>> Are there any others?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Nityānanda
>>>
>>> --