[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Launch of Sahapedia Platform on April 23

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:06:13 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sahapedia online <sahapediaonline at gmail.com>
Date: 15 April 2016 at 05:29
Subject: Launch of Sahapedia Platform on April 23

It gives me great pleasure that *Sahapedia, an open, online encyclopedic
resource on Indian arts, cultures and heritage,* has reached an important
milestone in a journey that started in 2010. Sahapedia's website, on which
we have been working for the last five years in terms of content creation
and partnerships, and the last one year in terms of development, is now
ready for launch.

Some of the areas Sahapedia covers are knowledge systems, textual and oral
traditions, visual and performing arts, literatures and languages, spaces
and practices, histories, institutions and people. We wish to create this
encyclopedia, freely available to everyone, in collaboration with
institutions, experts, practitioners and interested people from all areas
of cultural activity.

As we keep building the resource, we seek your continued involvement with
and support for Sahapedia.

We are delighted to share the news with you that we are *launching the
Sahapedia web platform on 23 April (Saturday) at the Meghdoot Theatre,
Rabindra Bhavan, Mandi House, New Delhi 110 001 at 6 pm. *

​See:​
   *www.sahapedia.org <http://www.sahapedia.org/>*

Sudha Gopalakrishnan

--