[INDOLOGY] Indology and Tibetology to close at the University of Copenhagen

Toke Knudsen Toke.Knudsen at oneonta.edu
Mon Apr 4 11:36:51 UTC 2016

Dear Howard,

Looking at the Danish documents available online, it appears that Indology will be kept as a ‘tilvalg’ (minor) for the bachelor education in Modern India. As such, Sanskrit would still be offered for those studying modern India, but as a tool to understand modern India and not with a view toward an education in Indology. So, while Sanskrit would be offered, it’d be in a much more limited form than is the case now.

All best wishes,
Toke