[INDOLOGY] who is the deity on the photograph?

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 07:02:45 UTC 2015

The visible part of the icon is common to many deities female and male –
Lakṣmī, Kārtika, Viśvakarman, Viṣṇu and others. It is not Kālī nor
Sarasvatī nor Śiva.  The covering does not allow one to see if there are
four hands. There are many local deities too not palpably different from
one another.  Unknowingly the question presents itself as a brain teaser
which it does not intend to be.

Could you specify the locality where the temple is situated?

Best

DB