[INDOLOGY] Identification of verse

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:26:46 UTC 2015

The verse could be read

*sarvadraṣṭā sarvaśrōtā sarvakartā ca rakṣakaḥ/ sarvajñaḥ sarvarūpī ca
sarvam ca sarvataḥ pātā//*

The concepts of the verse suit the Vedānta philosophy but it does not seem
have been a scriptural one.  Possibly it was created by the missionary
himself*. *The final part of the fourth quarter is not iambic.  That is
unusual for the last quarter. The monotony of the word *sarva* also was
avoidable.

Best

DB